1/3/10

From Milk-to Solids




Hebrews 5:12-14 You have been Christians for a long time now, and you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things a beginner must learn about the Scriptures. You are like babies who drink only milk and cannot eat solid food. And a person who is living on milk isn't very far along in the Christian life and doesn't know much about doing what it right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who have trained themselves to recognize the difference between right and wrong and then do what is right.


Had you read this to me seven years ago-I would have stared at you, perhaps even with an evil look with the word food in it. I very much dislike food. And Hebrews I had not rolled into in the beginning of my walk with Christ! I was still at the bottle-BIG TIME. And in the beginning of your walk- that is okay. I will say, with all I had on my plate- I jumped BIG into His Word, than a lot of invites to churches do--as for it was life and death.
I was at the bookstore the other day, picking up a couple Christian based books... as I was searching, I began to over-hear this LOUD discussion between two ladies about what books they just don't want, and why. They just don't "feel the same fire as their family" and so on.... and on... (you know women--- help!!!) It just continued. Toward a crack of silence- I had to break into the conversation- let them know which was one of my favorite first books to read-- and where I read it-literally saved by Jesus' love and grace-from death. I was already a believer- but Greg Laurie's book Why Believe gives a simple low down when you are first beginning as well-- and I read it while in the hospital- just barely saved from death- about a quarter mile down the street at Mayo Hospital. Where life for me did a total turn-around... and not for me-- FOR HIM. It was a quaint, brief talk we had-- but it was enough, at the book store to perhaps get those ladies to start on the milk-- maybe one day soon- surpass me and be on stages speaking His Word-- who knows!?? He does!! But every tiny bit we say to others-- isn't tiny when it is all ABOUT HIM-- it is BIG! And can inflict someone's life for the good--FOREVER!! That is one simple example. And many more will keep coming-as your love keeps flowing-and you keep learning more-each day. 
When I first began to follow Christ, it wasn't me with the loud mouth-- all for His Glory! It was my precious young two year old then. She would face to face with any nationality, race, gender, size -- let them know-- "did you know, Jesus died on the Cross for you?" My heart just melted- and I knew there was more to come-- for me-- ME to share His Word!! I had always had a LOUD mouth-- but I wanted to use it for what He gave it to me for--- HIM!! And that is what I do today.
Never fear what one will say back, or about you when you leave. It is the seed. And that seed planted may take moments, days, weeks- OR YEARS as it did with me-- but you help plant it!! And Jesus smiles SO BIG-Hugs you tight!! Saying "thank you, my son/daughter-I am so proud!"
I love you all so dearly!! Go out and share His amazing Word!! It is such a blessing to feel!!


In His Precious Love,


Heather


1 Timothy 4:8  Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important, for it promises a reward in both this life and the next.


1 Timothy 4:16  Keep a close watch on yourself and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right, and God will save you and those who hear you.



No comments: