4/30/10

Down-who will bring you up



Ecclesiastes 5:19-20 And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life-that is indeed a gift from God. People who do this rarely look with sorrow on the past, for God has given them reasons for joy.
Ecclesiastes 6:10  Everything has already been decided. It was known long ago what each person would be. So there's no use in arguing with God about your destiny.
Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

I NOW know who brings me up. Who loves me unconditionally --and has had amazing plans since BEFORE I was born. That would be my Lord and Savior-Jesus Christ. The One who gave HIS life, so I could live my life-forgiven, loved, able to be side by side with Him one day in Paradise. Now why do we all sit here and whine? That is just amazing!!! He loves us no matter our personality glitch, our looks, our talents, and even our tempers...no MATTER WHAT!!! That promise is SEALED!!!
Yet, we humans have our bad days. Our tough times. And many wallow over it. Many despise HIM over it-thinking He wrongly twisted what THEY wanted. Others whom don't have a clue about Jesus-look for any reason, anyone to be wrong in a situation. And I personally know from a very difficult time when I didn't know Him, that I had to find something to turn to. Family wasn't there. Friends only go so far. This was BIG. My ex beat me. Someone or something had to cure it-numb it-rid me of it, at least for some time, as I figured life out. That is where overdosing came in. Drugs for many come in as the "god" the filler of the void-rather than knowing to-or just not running to the God with our plans. The God of comfort. Jesus watches every step--giving off signs left and right, that way is the wrong way!! But what are our hearts and souls open to? 
It still took me more learning-more tragedy-more "taps" to find out as I was going to my first Christian church-that it is all about HIM! He is the One with all my answers!! He is the One with all the comfort. He is the One with all the guidance. He is the One with true grace and mercy-even thru everything I got myself, my little one into. He gently held my hand-asking me to not just trust Him, give my life TO HIM, but to completely lean on Him, let Him carry me this next few miles as I grow closer. As I am molded more, and understand more. 
Down times aren't that down-when you have a close relationship with Jesus Christ. It is just a bump in the road. Swimming slower with floaties. Climbing a mountain with tons of belt and gear on tight. Until the moment you are lifted by His encouraging Words of Love-Words of Faith-Words of Hope-Words of Truth... that your mind begins to open again. And your heart beats twice as much per minute, out of pure excitement for what your Lord has shown you already!! Then you run that flattened road, swim fast without any floaties--He is above watching you!! And Climb what seemed like an endless mountain--with your bare hands--knowing you are climbing it FOR HIM!!
These are the amazing moments. Remember them each time you are down. Jesus is the One who will bring you up! He will also, along with that--be presenting more plans He has had--as you open your heart more, again with trust and obedience.
When down--I am here... but I am not Jesus! Turn your head to Jesus!! He is the One who created you-with amazing love and plans!! And is ready to keep this life rolling--with you-hand and hand!!



In His Love,

Heather Siebens

God knows the whole story of your life because He is the Author of your biography. He knows the last chapter, and He thinks you are wonderful. ~Jan Silvious

No comments: