4/30/09

Jesus-Thank YOU!


Hebrews 6:10 He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them.



This was a thank you note I have to share with you all-that brought me to tears back in 2005. I was totally on fire for Jesus in my walk-growing stronger in my faith thru Him-and my illness-epilepsy wasn't holding me back. This all occurred about a month after my 2nd brain surgery-I found that a Pastor I knew well-trying to get me to accept Jesus Christ back in the 90's-his wife had stage 4 cancer-spreading. I didn't know what else to do-other than cry-pray...and my heart poured out. I sent her the cross I wore thru every hard battle that I faced-that helped bring me to Jesus. My 1st brain surgery, my ex beating me, drug overdosing to numb pain, seizures inclining due to change of meds...I was a baby Christian about 9 months after I bought that cross. I would touch it with tears during worship music...and grow closer...it meant so much to me...so did this Pastors wife...so when I found what she was facing...I sent it to her with my testimony-letting her know-she helped plant that seed!!




"Dear Heather,




I'm honored to wear your cross-I cried when I read what you wrote. To read your letter brings me great joy! I don't have a thousand crosses, but only 2, both given to me from the teacher I work for. Yours is special, VERY special. You have been so triumphant Heather-I'm SO proud of you!


I'm in Stage 4 cancer & recently have decided not to do the treatments for many reasons (one being I'm allergic to the pain meds & haven't found a prescription for my allergic reaction to the lumpectomy over 1 1/2 months ago) I feel total peace over this (my husband too) after much agonizing prayer. I'm casting myself in God's mercy and I pray that I will be fruitful during whatever time I have left. Pray I can be used by the Lord to bring others to salvation-that is my biggest prayer.


I do feel full of joy. Just like you prayed for me-it's probably because of YOUR prayer!




Your daughter is such a doll-what joy she must bring you!! Please thank her for praying for me!"



That was amazing words-from an amazing friend-pastors wife-suffering-yet turning it all around for His Glory-for she knew how much He loves her...and it was all about sharing that, still, with everyone possible, even in very hard times. Satan doesn't get the better of us-in anything-unless we let Him. If an illness is something that we can't fix today-He will more than fix when we are with Him one day in Paradise-and that is His promise. Til then...we use everything for His glory! Or Satan will have control...



Letter amazed me...AMEN!



2 Corinthians 11:30 If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am.




2 Corinthians 12:8-10 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time He said, "My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work thru me. Since I know it is ALL FOR CHRIST'S GOOD, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG.


Philippians 1:29 For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for Him.


1 Peter 1:6 There is a wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while.



God bless you all...stay strong thru Him...He will never fail you!


In His Love,


Hetty

No comments: