10/13/16

Report All



Our race, location, sex, age, language we speak doesn't make a difference. Not one of us should go thru any form of abuse and not report it. Not find safety. Not one of us should read what people are posting and truly think NO ONE will listen to us. That just is not true. We may not all have parents that do. And police get drowned with work. Some may come across totally questioning the case to make people who are lying run, or weak shell up. But we have to be stronger and push the case forward as far as we insist it to go. I guarantee with that strength they have no choice. They didn't with me. And I am clueless at it all. But 2 months after my 1st brain surgery my ex husband beat me. Our 1st night in out apartment in TX. My baby girl just was put to sleep. That made a huge difference in how he ever had a chance to beat me. In our arguments prior my baby girl, I was always strong and able just to leave to a friends house. Never took note of his inclining temperament. But after brain surgery and I have my baby girl-I had a lot to live for, responsible for. But I had to keep quiet as much as possible thru the beating and after. For my angel. Put me in a vulnerable spot.  I had to protect her more than anyone. That morning I dropped him at his Army base knowing I would not pick him up. I was able thru the Army to have him legally pulled from the apartment. I had pictures taken there of the bruises by a social worker-who also took me and my daughter to the police to file charges and have pictures taken. Social workers are not only on Army bases that can help-they are state/city wide to help all who go thru these things. Help find places if need be etc- it's just taking that step and it's uncomfortable and hard. 
That was 14 years ago. We are so blessed today. My husband today took over when she was so young and I went thru 2 more brain surgeries-but so simple when I compare it all. 
Little girls when they tell you-believe them. Give them ways to tell you early on cause you have no idea what even your dear neighbors teen kid has wrong. Can't just trust. We went thru that in the 80's in a sweet small town. Everyone knew each other. Teen boy next door was the brother of a boy my age and little sister he would torment who was several years younger than me. He molested me giving me a "shoulder" ride. And showed me and his little sister his parts. I snagged her and ran to my mom. These type of people need to be locked up. His siblings were good kids. 
He even called her on the phone-it freaked her out so bad she came running to me screaming "Hetty, Hetty...." I was what!?? "Some guy called wanting to talk about sex!!" Now to me this sweet girl had a lisping issue I was trying to make it out, cause she was so frantic-and I was only 8. I thought it was checks for the parents-then the past dawned on me-I knew it was the oldest brother and sex. 
I knew about private parts-what not to touch or see, or have touched. I was blessed I could relay this to her. These things are a big issue that need to be known. Addressed. And comfortably with your parents.
As well as peer pressure. Amazing what boys send my sweet 15 1/2 yr old girl. Today, kids love to text. Have to really keep your eyes open or you can lose your angelic daughter. Boys just want naked pics, like they are adult men. Just ludicrous. It starts here. We have to help them know how loved they are, even if it means "cleaning" up their phones. 

I don't believe in #whywomendontreport
#whywomenwontreport etc etc

#allvictimsmustreport #allvictimsmusttakeaction #nooneisalone

There were moments I thought I was, truly alone. I had to make big choices. But today, thru it all, I found my faith in #Jesus , my daughter has her perfect daddy, my ex signed her over to me in 2009 completely after 2 years of showing his face here and there. Gave me time to get thru the pain of it all-and truly forgive him. Best day. 

Many won't agree with this... but I'd be happy to talk.

Blessings to you,

Heather (aka Hetty)

Hebrews 10:35-36
Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that He has promised.

Romans 4:20-22
Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was absolutely convinced that God was able to do anything He promised. And because of Abraham's faith, God declared him to be righteous. 

1 comment:

FlyingChristian said...

Evil is lurking everywhere and we need to to careful and cautious to protect ourselves and our loved ones from it! It is so easy to relax and say it will be ok.. but we must be diligent in the battle. I am not the one to point fingers because I have caused hurt in my past.. but I pray you that I can overcome and be the man, husband, father and friend Christ has molded me to be and fight the good fight. We are His people... so I know we are worth it.